Travel Discussion Group
Moderator – Art Mann
Email – email@example.com
Knowing that many of the Y’s Men and their families travel often, the purpose of the Travel Discussion Group is to create a place for sharing your travel experiences and also to help in your future trip planning. We may even try to plan a group trip!
The group meets every other Monday throughout the year, with the schedule announced in the weekly Y’s Men Newsletter, in the Travel Group’s email distribution list, and in the Y’s Men online calendar.
Meetings always include a quick review of anyone’s recent travel, followed by a previously announced topic or 2. Examples of topics to be discussed include:
- Anyone planning to move abroad?
- Climate issues affecting travel?
- Current events affecting travel planning? What about going to risky areas?
- How does travel planning change as you age?
- What travel insurance do people use? How much cash to bring?
- Best way to protect valuables while traveling?
- What destinations are people planning to go to and do they have any questions?
- Is time travel possible?
- Where do people go back to over time and why?
- How to research a trip? Pros and Cons of using travel agents or planners
- What are the best travel news sites?
- How to book an international trip and trust the companies you are engaging with?
- Which airlines/cruise lines/tour companies to use and avoid?
- What photo gear do you take? What to do with all the photos of your trips?
- What travels apps on the web or on the phone do you use?
- Is Global Entry worth the effort?
- New EU via rules coming?
- Is special clothing like Scotty Vests? Ultimate packing list & methods for packing?
We meet on alternating Mondays at 9:00 AM in Room 203 at the Saugatuck Congregational Church. All Y’s Men and their significant others are welcome to attend.
I look forward to your participation in a future meeting.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org – send me an email to be added to our email list.